What kind of information does Summit-Gate collect?
We collect personal information from you, which is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual.
- This may include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card, bank card, cheque and other payment details, gender, birthday, photographic & video images, anticipated due date for expectant mothers and personal interests preferences when you visit one of our websites or stores, install or use our mobile apps, place an order online or by phone, make an in-store purchase, save your information with us online, contact us with a question or concern, or participate in a contest, promotion, or survey. We maintain a record of your product interests and the purchases, returns and refunds you make online, through a mobile app, by phone or online primarily.
We need to collect personal information in order to provide the requested products and services to you. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide the requested products or services.
We may combine personal information with information about your online and in-store transactions and other interactions with us, including your purchases. We may also combine your personal information with information we receive from other sources.
- Such other sources include, for example, joint marketing partners, public databases, publicly available pages on social media platforms and other third parties.
- If you choose to engage in social sharing, such as by connecting your social media account to your customer account or by logging into your customer account from your social media account, the social media site may share information with us about your use of their services, including profile information, information about your contacts and content you have viewed or liked. Please refer to the social media site’s privacy settings to control how your information is shared.
Where is personal information stored?
Personal information about you may be processed or stored on servers hosted in various countries, whether within or outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA"). Accordingly, this means that your personal information may be transferred outside of the EEA to various countries, including the United States. Your personal information may be subject to the laws of the countries in which it is stored or used. By providing us with any personal information, you understand that your information will be transferred, processed, or stored outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have a different data protection regime from the country in which you reside.
How does Summit-Gate use my information?
We may use your personal information for legitimate business purposes, including the following:
- Providing our products and services and fulfilling your requests.
- To process and fulfil your order, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment and to administer your customer account.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfil your requests.
- To allow you to use our in-store and online technologies.
- To make your shopping experience easier, more enjoyable and more efficient.
- To allow you to enrol and participate in a loyalty or customer relationship program.
- To allow you to apply for an offer of credit from a payment card provider.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To provide you with customer service and for complaints handling purposes.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Providing marketing materials and facilitating social sharing.
- To send you marketing communications about our products, services, contests, and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you, by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means including social media.
- To facilitate social sharing that you choose to use.
We will engage in these activities with your consent or where we have a legitimate interest.
- Analysis of personal information for business reporting and providing personalised services.
- To help us learn more about your shopping preferences.
- To provide consistent, personalised services across all channels and all of our Brands, including to personalise our advertising, marketing communications, shopping experiences and promotional offers.
We will provide personalised services either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
- Allowing you to participate in promotions and events.
- To organize local community events, promotions and in-store experiences.
- To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you or because we have a legitimate interest.
- Accomplishing our business purposes.
- To address problems with and improve our products, brands, services and technologies, as well as to develop new products and services.
- To prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraud, health and safety incidents, security breaches and activities that are or potentially may be prohibited or illegal.
- To enforce our Terms of sale & Use.
- As we believe to be required or appropriate to protect the rights, property, safety and security of Summit-Galleria and our employees, customers and others.
- As we believe to be required or appropriate under applicable law, to respond to requests from government authorities and to comply with the legal process.